1. HFO confirms in writing the receipt of your complaint and notifies you about the casework colleague handling the case. If necessary, he asks you for additional information.
2. If HFO is not competent to examine it, you will be informed in writing, no later than three (3) weeks upon receipt of the full case file.
3. HFO forwards the complaint file to the bank or investment company with questions, comments and suggestions in order to facilitate a consensual settlement. Each party is informed by HOBIS for the arguments put forward by the other party and may submit comments.
4. If an amicable settlement is not possible, HFO delivers a reasoned, non-binding recommendation for resolving the dispute, notifed to both parties. Both parties must then declare in writing to HFO within ten (10) working days, whether they accept the recommendation in full and final settlement of the dispute.
5. If an agreement is reached, HFO must draft a record of compromise, indicating its considerations and notify both parties with a copy.
6. If one of the parties does not accept its recommendation then HFO drafts a record of failure and notify both parties in writing.
7. For consumer disputes only:
a. Bringing a complaint to HFO interrupts the prescription and limitation periods, which begin again (subject to the provisions of art. 261 CC) on the completion of the mediation procedure (i.e. HFO written refusal to examine the dispute, drafting a record of failure or compromise) (art. 11 of M.D..70330/2015) and
b. A copy of the record of compromise drawn up by HFO may be submitted, by any of the parties, to the Secretariat of the First Instance Court of Athens. Since its submission, in case it contains an agreement about an enforceable claim, the record of compromise becomes enforceable by execution, in accordance with article 904 par. 2 case g CCP (article 9 par. f of M.D. 70330/2015).