HFO as an ADR scheme registered in the ADR Register of the General Secretariat for Trade and Consumer Protection of the Ministry of Development and Investments, adheres by the principles of C.M.D 70330/2015 governing the organization and functioning of ADR schemes: expertise, independence, impartiality, easy access, transparency, efficiency and fair treatment of the parties.
HFO puts these principles in practice at every stage of the dispute process, ensuring that consumers have access to a high quality, expert and efficient out-of-court dispute resolution mechanism:
- implements existing legislation, the principles of fairness and good business practice and any relevant code of conduct
- acts in full impartiality and independence
- examines disputes within a reasonable time (no later than 90 days)
- mediates in order to facilitate consensual settlement of the disputes
- adheres to the principles of confidentiality and protection of individuals against the processing of personal data
- the parties involved in a dispute are not obliged to engage a lawyer or a legal advisor
- the parties may withdraw from the procedure at any stage, by notifying the HFO in writing.