HOBIS as an ADR scheme registered in the ADR Register of the General Secretariat for Trade and Consumer Protection of the Ministry of Development and Competition, abides by the principles of C.M.D 70330/2015 governing the organization and functioning of ADR schemes like expertise, independence, impartiality, easy access, transparency, efficiency and fair treatment of all parties.
HOBIS implements these principles in practice at every stage of the dispute handling process, ensuring that consumers have access to a high quality, expert and efficient out-of-court dispute resolution mechanism:
- implements existing legislation, the principles of fairness and good business practice and any relevant code of conduct
- acts in full impartiality and independence
- examines disputes in a reasonable time (no later than 90 days)
- mediates in order to facilitate their consensual settlement
- adheres to the principles of confidentiality and protection of individuals against the processing of their personal data
- the parties involved in a dispute are not obliged to retain a lawyer or a legal advisor
- the parties may withdraw from the procedure at any stage, by notifying HOBIS in writing.